Getting care is simple……
Complete a visit and receive a diagnosis and treatment plan from our board certified dermatologist conveniently from your home.
Convenient, secure video visits make getting care easier than ever.
Schedule a video visit with a Board Certified Dermatologist today!
Communicating with your dermatologist has never been easier.
After your video visit, you can securely contact us in the Spruce Care Messenger if you have any questions about your treatment plan or diagnosis.
Learn More About Teledermatology Visits
How does it work?
- New patients schedule a video visit and complete registration forms
- Connect with our practice on Spruce Care Messenger.
- Communicate with our WISE Dermatology team securely. We can guide you through the process.
- Complete a visit and receive a diagnosis and treatment plan from our board certified dermatologist.
Simple! And our team is always available to answers questions or assist you.
What should I expect with a Video Visit?
- Schedule an appointment for your video visit.
- Complete the new patient intake forms, which will be sent via e-mail
- Connect with our practice on Spruce Care Messenger via your mobile device.
- Prior to your video visit, you be asked to complete a preliminary “virtual visit” via the secure app where you will provide a medical history and take photographs if needed. Our board certified dermatologist uses this information to personalize the video visit toward you and your concerns.
- You will receive a reminder 15 minutes prior to your scheduled video visit. A board certified dermatologist will then initiate a video visit with you in the Spruce Care Messenger app at the time of your scheduled visit.
- The dermatologist will make a diagnosis and then develop a personalized treatment plan.
- If any prescriptions are needed then they will be phoned in to your preferred pharmacy.
- If our board certified dermatologist determines that virtual care is not appropriate for your particular concern then you will be directed to a more appropriate level of care. In that case, you will not be charged if a diagnosis and treatment plan is not rendered.
- Please note that virtual visits are not appropriate for urgent conditions or emergencies. Virtual visits may be submitted after hours, but may be handled by our office during business hours.
Will a board certified dermatologist be caring for me?
You will always receive expert, personalized care from a board certified dermatologist. Dr. Sewell is double board certified in Dermatology and Pediatric Dermatology.
Do you see pediatric patients?
Pediatric patients will require a parent or guardian to provide consent, oversee the video or virtual visit, and arrange payment.
What if I have questions after the visit?
No problem, we’re here to help!
You will receive a written treatment plan after the visit, which will answer most questions. However, if you have additional questions for your dermatologist then you may message them securely in the Spruce app for up to 30 days after your visit.
Do I qualify to use this service where I live?
Teledermatology visits at WISE Dermatology are limited to patients who are physically located in Texas at the time of the visit.
What conditions do you treat?
- Atopic Dermatitis/Eczema
- Poison Ivy/Oak
- Dandruff (Seborrheic Dermatitis)
- Other rashes
- Excessive sweating (hyperhidrosis)
- Male Hair Loss
- Anti-aging, fine lines, wrinkles
- Cold Sores/Fever Blisters
- Hives (Urticaria)
- And many more!
Communicating with your dermatologist has never been easier!
Have questions?….we’re here to help
Meet Dr. Sewell
Matthew J. Sewell, MD, PharmD
Dr. Sewell is double board certified in both dermatology and pediatric dermatology. As one of the few fellowship-trained pediatric dermatologists, he is well-suited to provide care for the entire family. In addition, he is also a licensed pharmacist, which brings additional knowledge for managing medications.
Board Certified Pediatric Dermatologist
Dr. Sewell is one of the few fellowship-trained, pediatric dermatologists. Pediatric dermatologists are experts in the diagnosis and treatment of skin, hair, and nail conditions affecting infants, children, and adolescents.
Board Certified Dermatologist
A dermatologist is a physician who specializes in conditions involving the skin, hair, and nails. They have extensive training, which provides them with the unique skills and experience to offer the best care for you and your skin.
- Pediatric Dermatology & Laser Fellowship
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Dermatology Residency
- Virginia Commonwealth University
- Pediatric Internship
- University of Texas Health Sciences Center – San Antonio
- Doctor of Medicine (MD)
- Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD)
- Bachelor of Science in Chemistry
“Dr.Sewell saw my 15 month old and was great with her! He was down on the floor with her to make her feel comfortable and was very helpful with all the questions I had regarding her eczema.”
– Verified Patient
“I have seen several other dermatologists in the past few years and I have never left feeling content. Always rushed out the door, given a generic regimen, no time for questions. But Dr. Sewell astounded me. He was so kind, so genuine; he really cares about his patients. He answered every single one of my questions and was incredibly knowledgeable when it came to any of the medications or treatment options. I will certainly be back.”
– Verified Patient
“Dr. Sewell is awesome! He’s a medical doctor and a doctor of pharmacy! He really knows his stuff. He’s a pleasure to talk to.”
– Verified Patient